Healthy Homemade Nutella – One of the most productive recipes on the blog is our cocoa and hazelnut cream. The commercial version is full of white sugar, refined oil and other ingredients that are not exactly healthy, and it is also not vegan.
The healthy Nutella in this post is even better than the previous recipe because it is simpler, has no oil, is made with maple syrup instead of brown sugar, and the hazelnuts are raw (although we have roasted them). Cocoa is also raw, so it is more nutritious and healthy as it is not processed. It’s the best I’ve ever tasted, seriously! If you like Nutella, you can’t miss this recipe.
Table of Contents
The Healthy Homemade Nutella Recipe with little Sugar
Preparing healthy Nutella at home is easy and fast. It is a Nutella in which we have not used sugar or syrups. It is only sweetened with dates and the sweetness of hazelnuts. I highly recommend it, and I think you will love it.
YIELD: 500 ML
PREPARATION: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
ADDED SUGARS: 10%
SUMMARY STEPS: CRUSH HAZELNUTS + INCORPORATE CHOCOLATE + ADD THE REST OF THE INGREDIENTS, + HEAT FOR 7 MIN
- 150 g bar of 80-85% chocolate or 50 grams of pure cocoa
- 80g toasted hazelnuts
- 150-200 ml of whole milk (depending on the consistency you want) – YOU CAN CHANGE IT FOR PLANT DRINK
- 50g coconut oil or your fat of choice
- 40 g panela sugar
Crush the hazelnuts with the panela sugar for 10 seconds, speed 10. Lower the hazelnuts from the walls of the Thermomix glass.
Add the chocolate and grind for ten more seconds, speed 10. Lower the mixture from the walls.
Then add the milk and program one minute, speed 6. If necessary, lower the mixture from the walls of the glass.
Finally, add the coconut oil program for 7 minutes, 50ºC, speed 4.
TIP: If the consistency is too thick, you can add more milk. Cocoa is saturated fat. It lasts in the refrigerator, well preserved at 4º C, approximately 2 weeks. It solidifies in the fridge. It’s normal. To recover the texture, give it a heat shock in the microwave.
Tips for Healthy Homemade Nutella
Raw hazelnuts are healthier, but Nutella tastes better with toasted hazelnuts. I prefer to roast them at home, but if you want, you can use roasted hazelnuts.
Since I tried raw cocoa, I don’t change it for the processed one, but if you want, you can use the typical unsweetened cocoa powder they sell in most supermarkets. Raw cacao has a stronger flavour, so if you’re using processed cacao, you’ll probably need to add more.
Instead of oat milk, you can use other non-dairy milk or water.
Instead of maple syrup, you can use any other liquid sweetener, such as agave syrup or molasses. You may need to add more milk if you prefer to use a solid sweetener like sugar or stevia.
Healthy Homemade Nutella Recipe without Sugar
You are going to suck your fingers! You are going to love the recipe that I bring you today. It is a homemade Nutella without sugar, a chocolate and hazelnut cream without sugar (such as Nutella or Nocilla). The result is impressive. The truth is that it is super rich.
PREPARATION TIME10 minutes
- 150 gr of roasted hazelnuts without skin
- 100 ml of skimmed or vegetable milk
- 30 grams of coconut oil
- 50 gr of unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably by the cup)
- 1 level tablespoon of stevia or sucralose optional
- Crush the toasted and peeled hazelnuts in the chopper at maximum power. You will see that it first makes a little dust (and you will think there will be pieces left), but no! If you keep chopping, it will create a paste that will be creamier and creamier. Please don’t ask me what comes from the hazelnut (it must be some natural oil), but it makes it bind and form cream. With less than 3 minutes of chopping, I already had this cream.
- Put the hazelnut cream together with the rest of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. It is optional; if you want, you can skip it and do everything in the grinder. Not having to cook anything, but making it hot will make the ingredients mix better. We are stirring until we get that the cream has thickened a little, keeping the fire medium-low. Throughout the preparation, the cat’s tongue will be your friend to help you not lose Nutella along the way.
- Serve the cream in glass jars, let cool for about 10 minutes, and then store them in the fridge for at least 2 hours to harden.
- Now you have to serve this delicious Nutella without sugar wherever you want! I have spread it with a knife on whole-grain toast, and the truth is that it is very good. I loved the taste, much more than that of the bought Nutella!
Also Read: Everything You Need to Know About ADHD